Are you looking to pick up a new hobby during social distancing? Maybe now is the time to finally figure out how to work that sewing machine that's been sitting in your closet forever. Our popular Adult Sewing Machine 101 workshop is now Virtual!
We'll learn the basics of machine operation: threading the machine and bobbin, changing stitch length and width, addressing tension issue, choosing needles and thread, selectin basic tools and of course stitching! Unlike our in-person classes, there will not be a finished project at the end but your stitching sample will cover some essential techniques for sewing future projects.
Date and Time (choose one):
- Thursday, April 23rd from 5:30pm -7:30pm.
- Tuesday, April 28th from 5:00pm-7:00pm.
- You will receive a Zoom link after registration. There will be no refunds or transfers for Zoom classes. No exceptions.
Skill Level: New
-Sewing machine withe foot pedal and power cord
-Sewing machine manual (if you do not have a physical copy you can often do a Google search to find a copy online)
-Thread snips or other scissors
-Phone or Tablet for Zoom call (phones and tablets work better than computers because I will need you to move them around to show me how you have threaded your machine) Materials Needed:
-Two spools of 100% polyester all purpose thread in different colors. Ideally these are not white, grey or black. Bright colors provide a better contrast so it's easier for me to see the threads and help you troubleshoot any issues.
-6 pieces of cotton woven (NOT stretchy) fabric. These should be at least 6" x 9" and cut prior to the start of the workshop.
-101 handout. This will be emailed before the workshop. You may find it helpful to print out as a reference during the class but that is not necessary.
-Prior to the class you will be sent an email with all of these instructions and the handout. You will need to complete an online waiver and email me the make and model of your sewing machine. This helps me tailor the class to your machine.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registration!
ZOOM Adult Sewing Machine 101
- Your spot is not reserved in the class until payment is made in full.
- All students or their Parent/Guardian must sign a waiver before participating in class activities.
- This class has a 3 person minimum. Class may be cancelled if minimum is not met. Minimum must be met 2 days prior to class/event.
- Hartford Stitch reserves the right to cancel a class at any time. If we do so, you'll be issued a full refund.
- Your registration in this class is non-refundable and non-transferable.