Get ready for your next practice with this spacious mat bag complete with boxed corners and french seams!
Skill Level: Beginner- Basic sewing experience is suggested. If you do not have experience threading the machine we will do it for you so you can focus on sewing.
Ages: 16+, 13+ with paying adult
Date and Time: Saturday, May 16th from 9am- Noon
Equipment Needed: We have plenty of sewing machines for you to use but you are welcome to bring your own.
Materials Needed: Lightweight home dec fabric. This can also be made with quilting cotton and will just be a little less durable. Avoid a fabric that stretches and "outdoor fabric" as that typically can not be pressed with an iron. If your fabric is 54"wide purchase 1.5 yard. If your fabric is 45" wide, purchase 2 yards. Also needed: coordinating 100% polyester all purpose thread.
What if I've never sewn before?
Ideally you will have basic sewing machine experience for this project, however if you do not you are still welcome to come! We won't review threading the machine or winding a bobbin (so we'll take care of that for you) but we will teach you the steps needed to stitch.
Can I make it a different size?
We'll all be working from the same pattern so not during class, but you'll be able to bring the pattern home and make another in the size you prefer!
Do you sell fabric?
We don't have fabric for this project for sale. Contact us for store recommendations.
How do I know if there's still space?
If the website allows you to register there is still space! Please remember there is a minimum and maximum to hold each class so register soon to save your spot.
Can I bring my child?
If your child has sewing experience and is 13 years old or older you are welcome to bring them. They must have a completed registration as well.
What if my questions isn't answered?
Don't hesitate to reach out to us and ask if you need any more information!
Yoga Mat Bag~5/16
- Your spot is not reserved in the class until payment is made in full.
- All students or their Parents/Guardians must sign a waiver before participating in class activities.
- This class has a 3 person minimum. Class may be cancelled if minimum is not met one week prior to class.
- Hartford Stitch reserves the right to cancel a class at any time. If we do so, you'll be issued a full refund.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We reserve the right to cancel class if we deem that winter weather would make traveling to class dangerous. Every attempt will be made to schedule a makeup for the missed class.
- 100% of class fees are refundable or transferable to another class if you cancel prior to 1 week before start of class.
- No-shows forfeit any exchange or refund.
- The studio is on the 2nd floor accessible only by the stairs. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Everyone works at different speeds and while we expect everyone to finish by the end of the workshop we can't guarantee it!
- Please see our complete Policies page for additional information.