Ready to take your knit garment sewing to the next step? Our Sewng with Knits 201 is ready for you! We highly recommed that you take Sewing with Knits 101 prior to this class (though it's not required).
You'll have a choice from 3 patterns:
Lark Tee by Grainline Studio (Bust Meas. 32" - 44")
Concord Tee by Cashmerette (Bust Meas. 40" - 58")
Jalie 2918- Boys and Mens T-Shirt (Chest Meas. 33" - 50")
New this year: Register for Garment 101, Knits 101 and Knits 201 and/or Garment 201 (for a "Semester" of Garment Sewing!) and receive 10% of the total class bundle with coupon code HANDMADEWARDROBE
- Working with knit (stretchy fabric)
- Flat setting sleeves
- Adding a neck binding
- Skill Level: Advanced Beginner: You have exeperience sewing a few projects. Garment 101 and Sewing with Knits 101 highly recommended though not required.
- Ages: 16+, 13+ with paying adult
- Time and Date:
- Sunday, March 22nd and 29th from 1pm - 4:30pm
- Equipment Needed: We have sewing machines and tool kits availble for your use. If you would like to bring your machine you are welcome to! If you have a serger that you are familiar with using, or have taken Sergers 101, you are welcome to bring it with you.
- Materials Needed: Pattern included with registration! Student responsible 2 yards of knit (stretchy) fabric with at least 40% stretch. Stripes, plaids and one way designs not recommended for class. Please also provide coordinating thread.
- Instructor: Sarah Bolton
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I don't like this shirt/won't wear this shirt?
We chose this pattern because of the excellent opportunity it provides to learn advanced beginner garment making skills. It may not be your favorite shirt but you will gain skills that you can apply to patterns you prefer in the future.
What if my bust is smaller than 32" or larger than 58"?
Contact us before registering. We may be able to alter the pattern to fit your size.
What if I don't finish in 2 weeks?
Everyone should be able to finish in 2 weeks, however if you don't-- and everyone sews at different speeds so it's possible-- you are welcome to attend an Open Workshop to finish up.
Will we cover tailoring so this garment fits perfectly?
No, we won't. This class is focused on learning how to read a pattern and construction. Fitting a garment requires you to make several versions of a garment and we don't have time for that in this class. At the end of class we can make suggestions to pattern alterations that will help make the fit better for the next time!
What if I finish early?
If you expect to finish early, you are welcome to bring garment projects to work on the last day of class with Sarah's assistance.
How do I know if the class has sold out?
If the website will allow you to register for it then we still have space!
What if my question isn't answered?
Never hesitate to reach out to us to ask before registering!
Winter Sewing with Knits 201- 3/22
- Your spot is not reserved in the class until payment is made in full.
- All students or their Parents/Guardians must sign a waiver before participating in class activities.
- This class has a 3 person minimum. Class may be cancelled if minimum is not met.
- Hartford Stitch reserves the right to cancel a class at any time. If we do so, you'll be issued a full refund.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We reserve the right to cancel class if we deem that winter weather would make traveling to class dangerous. Every attempt will be made to schedule a makeup for the missed class.
- 100% of class fees are refundable or transferable to another class if you cancel prior to 1 week before start of class.
- No-shows forfeit any exchange or refund.
- The studio is on the 2nd floor accessible only by the stairs. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Please see our complete Policies page for additional information.