After you conquer Garment 101 (or have similar experience- see below) you'll be ready to take your garment sewing to the next level! Learn how to sew a v-neck with facings, curved hems, french darts, setting a sleeve and more with the Dove Blouse Pattern. Please read carefully below to see the pre-work for class.
Register for Garment 101, Knits 101 and Knits 201 and/or Garment 201 (for a "Semester" of Garment Sewing!) and receive 10% of the total class bundle with coupon code HANDMADEWARDROBE
- French darts
- Neck facing
- Curved hemlines
- Setting a sleeve
- Skill Level: Advanced Beginner/Intermediate: You have taken Garment 101 or have similar experience including taking measurements, choosing your size, tracing/cutting your pattern, cutting fabric, and basic construction.
- Time and Date:
- Monday, March 2nd, 9th. and 16th from 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- Ages: 16+
- Equipment Needed: We have sewing machines and tool kits availble for your use. If you would like to bring your machine you are welcome to!
- Materials Needed:
- Dove Blouse by Megan Neilsen Pattern: You will need to purchase this pattern before class. Please trace off your pattern pieces AND cut your fabric prior to class. This allows us to focus on construction. If you do not feel comfortable with this you can register for an Open Workshop to complete at the studio before class. Please note: the Missy Pattern (XS-XL) is available in printed or pdf from their site and the Curve Pattern (Bust 44" - 54") is available in pdf from their site.
- Please choose the correct amount of fabric per the pattern and size you choose.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sizes fit this pattern?
The "Missy" pattern (our name for it, there is no specific name on the site for the lower number sizes) fits bust sizes 34" - 42". The Curve pattern fits bust size 44" - 54"
What if I don't like this shirt/won't wear this shirt?
We chose this pattern because of the excellent opportunity it provides to learn basic garment making skills. It may not be your favorite shirt but you will gain skills that you can apply to patterns you prefer in the future.
What if my bust is smaller than 34" or larger than 54"?
Please contact us before registering.
What if I don't feel comfortable cutting out my pattern or fabric even if I've taken Garment 101?
Feel free to register for an Open Workshop to receive guidance in the studio before the class.
What if I don't finish in 3 weeks?
Everyone should be able to finish in 3 weeks, however if you don't-- and everyone sews at different speeds so it's possible!-- you are welcome to attend an Open Workshop to finish up.
Will we cover tailoring so this garment fits perfectly?
No, we won't. This class is focused on learning how to read a pattern and construction. Fitting a garment requires you to make several versions of a garment and we don't have time for that in this class. At the end of class we can make suggestions to pattern alterations that will help make the fit better for the next time!
How do I know if the class has sold out?
If the website will allow you to register for it then we still have space!
What if my question isn't answered?
Never hesitate to reach out to us to ask before registering!
Winter Garment 201
- Your spot is not reserved in the class until payment is made in full.
- All students or their Parents/Guardians must sign a waiver before participating in class activities.
- This class has a 3 person minimum. Class may be cancelled if minimum is not met.
- Hartford Stitch reserves the right to cancel a class at any time. If we do so, you'll be issued a full refund.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We reserve the right to cancel class if we deem that winter weather would make traveling to class dangerous. Every attempt will be made to schedule a makeup for the missed class.
- 100% of class fees are refundable or transferable to another class if you cancel prior to 1 week before start of class.
- No-shows forfeit any exchange or refund.
- The studio is on the 2nd floor accessible only by the stairs. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Please see our complete Policies page for additional information.