Our advanced garment instructor, Sarah, is here to help you take your handmade garments to the next level with her series of Garment Skills classes. This one time workshop will focus on many of the ways you can finish a seam including Flat Felled, French seam, Double Stitched for wovens, Double Stitched for Knits, and Zig-Zag for stretchy knits! During this workshop you'll work on many samples to keep as a reference for future garment projects!
Date and Time: Saturday, September 22 from 9am - Noon
Previous Experience: Basic sewing machine experience; you should know how to thread the machine and be comfortable sewing a straight line.
Equipment Needed: We have plenty of tools and machines at the studio but you are welcome to bring your own. All materials and equipment will be provided.
Instructor: Sarah Bolton
Specialty Seam Finishing ~ 9/22
- Your spot is not reserved in the class until payment is made in full.
- All students or their Parents/Guardians must sign a waiver before participating in class activities.
- Class time is estimated on the time it would take an average student to complete the project. You may finish quicker or you may take longer. We will do our best to accomodate extra time needed, either with an extended class or a spot in another class time.
- This class has a 3 person minimum. Class may be cancelled if minimum is not met. Minimum must be met 2 days prior to class/event.
- Hartford Stitch reserves the right to cancel a class at any time. If we do so, you'll be issued a full refund.
- 100% of class fees are refundable or transferable to another class if you cancel prior to 1 week before start of class. Registrations after this date are not eligible for refund or transfer.
- No-shows forfeit any exchange or refund.
- PLEASE NOTE: Our Studio is on the second floor of a building without elevator access.