If you're looking to step up your sewing game then investing in a serger-- and learning how to use it!-- is an important step. We'll go over how to thread sergers, identifying the knobs and dials, adjusting tension for different projects, handling curves and more. This is a BASICS class for sergers. No fancy tricks in this one but lots of playing and practice.
**IMPORTANT: You MUST bring your own serger to the studio for this class. If you know you want a serger and would like a recommendation please contact me!**
Date and Time:
Winter: Saturday, 2/22 from 9am - 12pm
Spring: : Sunday, 5/3 from 1pm - 3pm
Previous Experience: I highly suggest you become comfortable on a regular sewing machine before venturing into serging!
Ages: 16+, 13+ with paying adult
Equipment Needed: You must bring the following: Your serger, power cord, foot pedal, manual, and all accessories (especially tweezers!)
Materials Needed: Bring 4 spools of thread (one in each color): red, green, blue and yellow. They do not need to be the big cones, small spools will work just fine.All other materials will be provided.
Instructor: Sarah Bolton
Sergers 101 (Multiple Dates Available)
- Your spot is not reserved in the class until payment is made in full.
- All students or their Parents/Guardians must sign a waiver before participating in class activities.
- Class time is estimated on the time it would take an average student to complete the project. You may finish quicker or you may take longer. We will do our best to accomodate extra time needed, either with an extended class or a spot in another class time.
- This class has a 3 person minimum. Class may be cancelled if minimum is not met. Minimum must be met 2 days prior to class/event.
- Hartford Stitch reserves the right to cancel a class at any time. If we do so, you'll be issued a full refund.
- 100% of class fees are refundable or transferable to another class if you cancel prior to 1 week before start of class. Registrations after this date are not eligible for refund or transfer.
- No-shows forfeit any exchange or refund.
- PLEASE NOTE: Our Studio is on the second floor of a building without elevator access.