Have you wanted to learn the Japanese art of Sashiko (pronounced shash-ko) embroidery? Using sampler kits from Miniature Rhino, guest instructor Rachel Barcley will teach you the proper way to prepare the thread, how to achieve even stitches and approach 6 different designs. All materials (sampler, thread and needles) are included.
DetailsExperience Level: NoneAges: 18+, 13+ with paying adultDate and Time:
-Saturday, February 22nd from 1pm m-4pm OR-Saturday, February 29th from 9am - Noon
Please note: there are no refunds on cancelled guest teacher workshops. You may transfer your registration to a friend.About Rachel:
From sewing outfits for her stuffed animals and designing her own teen wardrobe to studying Art, Textiles, and Education, Rachel Barclay has always preferred making things. Throughout her career as an educator, Rachel experiences the satisfaction and joy of inspiring others while continually learning from her students. Today, Rachel is immersed in the meditative and purposeful visible mending practice of Sashiko. She studies under her mentor, Jessica Marquez of Miniature Rhino. Rachel stitches, sews, and teaches in Middlebury, Connecticut alongside her woodworking spouse and two young adult offspring. Follow her creative process on Instagram @rachelharrietteb
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I finish the entire sampler in class?
You most likely will not finish the entire sampler but Rachel will teach you all the techniques you need to do it at home.
How do I know if the class has sold out?
If the website will allow you to register for it then we still have space!
What if my question isn't answered?
Never hesitate to reach out to us to ask before registering!
Intro to Sashiko
- Your spot is not reserved in the class until payment is made in full.
- All students or their Parents/Guardians must sign a waiver before participating in class activities.
- This class has a 3 person minimum. Class may be cancelled if minimum is not met.
- Hartford Stitch reserves the right to cancel a class at any time. If we do so, you'll be issued a full refund.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We reserve the right to cancel class if we deem that winter weather would make traveling to class dangerous. Every attempt will be made to schedule a makeup for the missed class.
- 100% of class fees are refundable or transferable to another class if you cancel prior to 1 week before start of class.
- No-shows forfeit any exchange or refund.
- The studio is on the 2nd floor accessible only by the stairs. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Please see our complete Policies page for additional information.