When was the last time you sat down to play at your sewing machine? In this workshop you'll learn how to let your creativity run wild and use smaller bits of fabric to create a beautiful larger piece! You'll learn technical aspects of improv quilting (like keeping those seams lying flat) as well as working with color and block composition. Each student will leave with at least 1 block for future projects (they make great pillows and tote bags!) and lots of inspiration for the future!
- Skill Level: Beginner sewist. Basic sewing machine operation is required. You don't need to have any prior quilting experience.
- Date and Time: Saturday, April 18th from 9am - 1pm
- Ages: 16+,
- Equipment Needed: We have plenty sewing machine and tools for you to use. If you'd like to bring your own machine you are more than welcome to!
- Materials Needed: You will need to bring various scrap fabric. More details will be sent after registration.
- Instructor: Laura Kasowitz
Improv Quilting ~ Sat, 4/18
- Your spot is not reserved in the class until payment is made in full.
- All students or their Parents/Guardians must sign a waiver before participating in class activities.
- This class has a 3 person minimum. Class may be cancelled if minimum is not met. Minimum must be met 2 days prior to class/event.
- Hartford Stitch reserves the right to cancel a class at any time. If we do so, you'll be issued a full refund.
- 100% of class fees are refundable or transferable to another class if you cancel prior to 1 week before start of class. Registrations cancelled after this date are not eligible for transfer or refund.
- No-shows forfeit any exchange or refund.
- PLEASE NOTE: Our studio is on the second floor of a building accessible only by stairs.