For all our little friends: join us for this special Gingerbread Man Story + Sew! We'll read this classic story (this particular version was mine as a kid!) and sew our own gingerbread man oversized ornament/holiday decor
Please note: sewing is an excellent way to practice fine motor skills, color and shape recognition and sequential planning. Our older friends may be able to do the sewing projects completely independently while our younger friends may need more of a helping hand while they develop these skills! See below for Frequently asked questions.
Ages: 2.5 - 5
Date and Time: Monday, December 16th from 9:30am - 10:15am
Equipment and Materials: Everything will be included.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I bring older siblings?
Each child 2.5 years and older will need one registration but yes, more than one child is welcome!
Can I bring younger siblings?
As much as we love babies, we do not recommend bringing them to class if they are crawlers/walkers. We will be working in a safe and clean space for our preschool friends, but it is a sewing studio and may not be safe for a baby on the run.
Are the needles sharp?
Each project is different and uses different supplies. This proejct uses a large sharper needle. In my experience with my own children at this age, children are able to safely manage these needles with a little supervision. They can appreciate that it is an important tool and learn to work with it carefully.
Will my child be able to do this on their own?
These are projects are designed to be completed with the help of a parent or guardian. This is one of our simpler projects and an older child could definitely figure it out independently, but our younger friends may need more guidance.
Gingerbread Man Preschool Story + Sew
- Your spot is not reserved in the class until payment is made in full.
- All students or their Parents/Guardians must complete a waiver and health form before participating in class activities.
- This class has a 3 person minimum. Class may be cancelled if minimum is not met.
- Hartford Stitch reserves the right to cancel a class at any time. If we do so, you'll be issued a full refund.
- 100% of class fees are refundable or transferable to another class if you cancel prior to 1 week before start of class.
- No-shows forfeit any exchange or refund.