Learn how to carve linoleum and print on a flour sack tea towel with Sarah May of Block21 Prints!
In this workshop you will see how impactful a simple design can be! Starting with a 4" x 6" block of easy cut linoleum, you will transfer and print your own design while creating a beautiful, one-of-a-kind flour sack tea towel. The block will be yours to keep so you can keep on printing at home! A $10 material fee will be due to instructor at the beginning of the workshop.
No drawing skills are needed. We'll be using basic repeating shapes to create our designs. If you'd like to come with a design prepared please keep it within 4" x 6".
Please note: you are welcome to bring beverages and snacks as long as you consume them responsibly!
- Date and Time: Friday, May 8th from 6pm - 9pm
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Ages: 16+
- Equipment and Materials Needed:
- all materials will be supplied with the class. You will leave with your carved block, tea towel and a supply list for future printing!
- A $10 material fee will be due to instructor at the beginning of class.
About Sarah May:
Sarah has been a public school art teacher for 19 years and has her own business carving and printing goods for you and your home!
You can admire her amazingness on Instagram @block21prints and block21prints.com
Please note: there are no refunds on cancelled guest teacher workshops. You may transfer your registration to a friend.
Blockprinting ~ 5/8
- Your spot is not reserved in the class until payment is made in full.
- All students or their Parents/Guardians must sign a waiver before participating in class activities.
- Class time is estimated on the time it would take an average student to complete the project. You may finish quicker or you may take longer. We will do our best to accomodate extra time needed, either with an extended class or a spot in another class time.
- This class has a 3 person minimum. Class may be cancelled if minimum is not met. Minimum must be met 2 days prior to class/event.
- Hartford Stitch reserves the right to cancel a class at any time. If we do so, you'll be issued a full refund.
- 100% of class fees are refundable or transferable to another class if you cancel prior to 1 week before start of class. Registrations cancelled after this date are not eligible for refund or trasnfer.
- No-shows forfeit any exchange or refund.
- PLEASE NOTE: Our Studio is on the second floor of a building without elevator access.