**This workshops as been postponed due to COVID-19 closures. Please join our newsletter to be notified when classes and workshops resume.**
We are excited to welcome Sue Muldoon of Redux for You to teach our very first basketweaving class at the studio!
Inspired by a summer day with my grandkids picking blueberries, this basket is based on and Appalachian Pack Basket pattern. Done smaller, it is a flat basket in the back with a belly front. Learn the basics of this basket and use your imagination to change it up to your needs: berry-picking basket, sling purse, wall basket, supply holder or mini-back-pack. Simply change the handle treatment.We will bring choices in accent colors and straps. A $25 material fee will be due to the instructor at the class for the materials.
- Date and Time: Saturday, May 9th from 1pm - 5pm
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Ages: 16+
- Equipment and Materials Needed:
- all materials will be supplied with the class
About Sue Muldoon:
Sue Muldoon divides her time between 3-dimensional and 2-dimensional
work. She bounces back and forth between photography, web design and
graphic design to seatweaving (chair caning, wicker repair, rush, splint, etc.) and basket weaving. A frequent instructor at various sheep, wool and fiber festivals and art retreatsand farmers markets, she enjoys sharing seatweaving and basketmaking tonew crafters and artisans.You can see Sue’s work at www.reduxforyou.com andwww.suemuldoonimages.com
Please note: there are no refunds on cancelled guest teacher workshops. You may transfer your registration to a friend.
- Your spot is not reserved in the class until payment is made in full.
- All students or their Parents/Guardians must sign a waiver before participating in class activities.
- Class time is estimated on the time it would take an average student to complete the project. You may finish quicker or you may take longer. We will do our best to accomodate extra time needed, either with an extended class or a spot in another class time.
- This class has a 3 person minimum. Class may be cancelled if minimum is not met. Minimum must be met 2 days prior to class/event.
- Hartford Stitch reserves the right to cancel a class at any time. If we do so, you'll be issued a full refund.
- 100% of class fees are refundable or transferable to another class if you cancel prior to 1 week before start of class. Registrations cancelled after this date are not eligible for refund or trasnfer.
- No-shows forfeit any exchange or refund.
- PLEASE NOTE: Our Studio is on the second floor of a building without elevator access.