Are you ready to venture into bagmaking but zippers, pockets, interfacing and straps make your head spin? In Bagmaking 101 we'll be taking it one step a time to give you a great foundation for future bagmaking (plus you get this awesome one)!
- How and when to use interfacing
- Using a rotary cutter
- Sewing a zipper pocket
- Making a strap
- Making a slip pocket
- Sewing boxed corners
- Making a lining facing
- Skill Level: Beginner. You have taken a 101 class or equivalent and have experience threading the machine and sewing a straight-ish line.
- Time and Date:
- Wednesday, March 11th, 18th, 25th and April 1st from 6:30pm - 8:30pm. There will be some "homework" involving an iron between classes.
- Ages: 16+
- Equipment Needed: We have sewing machines and tool kits availble for your use. If you would like to bring your machine you are welcome to!
- Materials Needed:
- We will be using The Pleated Tote pattern by The Longest Thread. The pattern and instructions will be provided in class.
- A complete material list will be provided after registration
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I don't finish in 4 weeks?
Everyone should be able to finish in 4 weeks, however if you don't-- and everyone sews at different speeds so it's possible!-- you are welcome to attend an Open Workshop to finish up.
What if I have never sewed before?
You do need to have basic experience to take this class. Please register for a 101 or Bootcamp prior to registering.
Are there any other classes that would help to prepare for this one?
No other class or experience (beyond the 101 mentioned above) are necessary but the Zipper Pouch class is a helpful introduction to zippers and interfacing as well!
Can I make changes to this bag?
We ask that you sew this bag as designed in class. We have added elements to the bag to make it a great introductory to bagmaking. Your next one will come together much more quickly than 8 weeks and you can make any changes you want at that time!
How do I know if the class has sold out?
If the website will allow you to register for it then we still have space!
What if my question isn't answered?
Never hesitate to reach out to us to ask before registering!
Bagmaking 101- 3/11
- Your spot is not reserved in the class until payment is made in full.
- All students or their Parents/Guardians must sign a waiver before participating in class activities.
- This class has a 3 person minimum. Class may be cancelled if minimum is not met.
- Hartford Stitch reserves the right to cancel a class at any time. If we do so, you'll be issued a full refund.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We reserve the right to cancel class if we deem that winter weather would make traveling to class dangerous. Every attempt will be made to schedule a makeup for the missed class.
- 100% of class fees are refundable or transferable to another class if you cancel prior to 1 week before start of class.
- No-shows forfeit any exchange or refund.
- The studio is on the 2nd floor accessible only by the stairs. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Please see our complete Policies page for additional information.